potato question

I missed a few potatoes when I harvested them a few months ago and what I missed now are of size (foliage-wise) to indicate there may be new potatoes now available. Problem is that they have not bloomed yet (perhaps because of shortened days). Frost will be here very soon. What should I do? Always assumed that harvest time was after blooming. Frank middle Georgia
Dig them up
Frank;870907 Wrote: > I missed a few potatoes when I harvested them a few months ago and

Hi Frank. Its always worth looking to see if any potatoes have grown. Vegetable plants do wonderous things if left to their own devices.
You might be surprised. Gardenjunkie S. E. England
--
Gardenjunkie

On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 21:27:41 +0000, Gardenjunkie

I grew potatoes this year. Not worth the effort and I will pick something else to fill the space next year.. Potatoes are $2 for 10 pounds.

Effort? What effort? I put down alfalfa in the fall and throw in some rye seeds. Dig a small trench for planting in the Spring, and slowly fill it in before Summer. Most of the effort was digging them up, which took 5 - 10 min. How about the flavor and texture vs. store bought, not to mention being organic? This year made a believer of me. I'm already rearranging my garden to expand the potato patch for next year.
--
"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the
poor have no food, they call you a communist."

whether grown or bought, a good idea to practise growing some potatos for when the price starts to rise. Always useful to have experience growing a food staple like potatos.
rob