pools - slightly off topic

Page 2 of 2
jangchub wrote:

and it takes how long to drain and clean and re-fill?? oh, yeah, you must use chemicals then huh?
just because it is inflatable doesn't mean that it is something easy to do everyday. personally, i didn't know that my post was causing so much up-roar as you put it. i simply asked if anyone knew of anything i could use to keep from having to re-fill it everyday. we are in a drought and trying to preserve water. we are now 13+ inches below. i make my own household cleaners, so i thought maybe someone on here knew of something that was non-chemical that i could use. my son has severe eczema, and i am careful what i use around him. he cannot play in "bigger" pools that require chemicals because of the severity of his skin condition. besides the drought, i have a very busy home-based lifestyle, which sometimes prevents me from being able to clean the pool right away. while it may be inflatable, it is not a very small pool. it takes time to deflate and re-inflate. add to that the non-existence of an air pump or air compressor to our household. so, in short, i was looking a way to simplify the task, also. i have had several replies (is that what you were calling up-roar??), and to be nice, i like to reply back. my reply to Janet was simple enough - she knows what it is like with kids with eczema, she has given me a few tips in the past on this. i also took Charlie's advice to recycle the water by using it on the garden, which in short helps conserve the water we have.
however, i will apologize that my posts (and it's subsequent posts) have offended you. for that i am truly sorry.............
Add pictures here
✖

Good idea!
I just bought one of these. $49 Set the pressure and done. Does 80 Lbs on my bike or 35 Lb on a car tire.
Bill who gave one of his sons his old hand pump.
(Amazon.com product link shortened) />/ ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-9391882-1140908?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid84445955&sr=8-1
or http://preview.tinyurl.com/38n8ks
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
✖

I am not offended, but if your child has a skin condition what could you possibly be thinking allowing him in a pool with algae? Did you know algae is a pathogen vector for several serious problems to the skin? How big can an inflatable pool be?
And yes, of course I use chemicals in my in ground pool, but it is very limited and we keep chlorine to 3ppm. I guess I'm tired of hearing excuses. If your child has skin problems, a blow up pool may not be the ideal situation for the child. Get sprinklers. Oh wait, your water from the hose, if city water, has hundreds of chemicals in it. Just be careful with algae.
Add pictures here
✖
Concerning kids with eczema.
http://206.188.28.100/search?site=my_collection&client=my_collection&prox ystylesheet=my_collection&output=xml_no_dtd&qìzema&x=0&y=0
or http://preview.tinyurl.com/25ktgz
In our family 50 years ago it was a shot of cod liver oil washed down with milk. At the same time I drank some black stuff advertised on Ted Mack which I have forgotten the name of for mental health reasons. Nasty! Must be good if tastes bad Right ;)).
Anyway Dr Weil offers some nutrition advice perhaps worth a ganger.
Best
Bill 5 kids youngest 22.
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
✖

thanks, have checked out his site before for this as well as other things! rae
Add pictures here
✖
In article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geritol
Yuck!!
Bill
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
✖

ok, so that's it. i was kinda joking with charlie about playing in the algae..........sorry if that didn't come across too clear.
the pool is an animal park playground. it's exact measurements are 93in L x 83 in W x 14.5inH. I don't fill it full. it has a main pool and a wading pool. the main pool area holds 71 gallons and the wading pool holds 16 gallons. there are little holes in all corners to let over-flow out. it also has an inflatable slide and a palm tree water sprayer. so that's a lot of air! especially when using my own air to blow the thing up.........

wasn't trying to make excuses..........
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 15:12:59 -0700, raeannsimpson

Must be the heat and the damned politicians.......this thread got grumpy in a hurry! ;-)
Ahhhhhh........another fine day on The Usenet.
Charlie
Add pictures here
✖
Charlie wrote:

grumpy?? where??? he was on tv last night...........(wyatt was watching "snow white")
you could blame it on the heat i guess........
Add pictures here
✖
leaving water in it also attracts mosquitoes, which is certainly not a good thing at all. it needs to be covered to keep mosquitoes, rats, etc out. teach the dog to leave it alone. Ingrid
On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 19:45:36 -0400, rachael simpson

Add pictures here
✖
Not to mention rats, mosquitoes are both vectors for more serious pathogens.
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 08:27:45 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
rachael simpson wrote:

Dummy is right.
Your son is much too young to be left with that pool unsupervised... a child can drown in less than 2 inches of water. Get rid of that pool now... before you wish you did. Your child will have more fun cooling off with a small lawn sprinkler, the water will be clean and at the same time it'll water your lawn... and no one has been known to drown from a lawn sprinkler.
http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/firstaid_safe/outdoor/water_safety.html
http://www.cpsc.gov/nsn/inflatable.pdf
Add pictures here
✖

trust me........wyatt is well supervised. the pool is in the garden area. i am never more than 10 feet away from it. as a trained nurse and former lifeguard, i know what i am doing............and he plays in the sprinkler too, when i have it running in the garden!
Add pictures here
✖

If you're gardening you're not watching.
Add pictures here
✖
g'day rae,
those type of child waders are meant to be emptied out between uses, to effectively keep pool water safe and clear you would need to have a pump and filter system and add chlorine that way. the algae build up might be the least of health worries it is the bacteria build up you can't see to be concerned about.
the best you can do to conserve water is fill it fresh when needed and use that water after his swim for the gardens.
On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 19:45:36 -0400, rachael simpson
snipped With peace and brightest of blessings,
len & bev
http://www.lensgarden.com.au /
Add pictures here
✖
That was the point I was making as well. Algae is just a simple plant, but it is the vector for many different type of highly toxic bacteria which is found in blow up pools.

✖