Plants that Dogs dont like

Hi all

Im brand new to the forum

Hopefully will be asking lots of questions

Can anyone tell me what type of plants/shrubs can I plant alongside my fence to DISTRACT dogs from fouling on them??

Thanx in advance for any help or advice

Reply to
Jimgentracer

Electrical plants.

Reply to
brooklyn1

How about plants with great big thorns?

Reply to
cardarch

Jimgentracer wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@gardenbanter.co.uk:

well, i have 4 dogs, from a Great Pyranees/Border Collie down to a Boston Terrier. they either go out on a lead or they go into the dog play yard. they don't mess up the gardens. if you want nice gardens, make the dogs a play yard. use the fence to grow pretty non-toxic vines. lee

Reply to
enigma

Thnx Lee

Our spaniels go for a daily walk 3 miles to the river Towy

They unfortunately have no area or space to make a specific dog yard

We do have Honeysuckle and Clematis planted on the wire fencing as suggested

I was just wondering if there was that "magic" keep dogs away plant out there

I dont want to harm my dogs

just deter them from cocking up the damn Lavender or any other shrub which they take fancy too hahaha

I will persevere as is

we are planting 100 plus sweet peas along the fence this year to develop colour and hopefully sweet smells

fingers crossed it works

and legs crossed for the dogs hopefully hahaha

Reply to
Jimgentracer

well I can honestly say Im happy to hear that

although my Spaniels are taking their name to its full entirety by cocking their legs up anything

They are COCKER spaniels HAHAHAHA

Reply to
Jimgentracer

Thanks all

I get the picture

and we maybe taking this that one step too far lol

I now decided to join the dogs and urinate on my fence!

In the hope some bitch comes along and wiggles her butt at me HAHAHA

If yer cant beat em Join em

seriously

Thanks again

Its been fun

Reply to
Jimgentracer

Reply to
dr-solo

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 01:01:46 GMT, "brooklyn1" wrote:

Reply to
dr-solo