Plants that Dogs dont like

Hi all
Im brand new to the forum
Hopefully will be asking lots of questions
Can anyone tell me what type of plants/shrubs can I plant alongside my fence to DISTRACT dogs from fouling on them??
Thanx in advance for any help or advice
--
Jimgentracer

"Jimgentracer" wrote:

Electrical plants.

How about plants with great big thorns?

well, i have 4 dogs, from a Great Pyranees/Border Collie down to a Boston Terrier. they either go out on a lead or they go into the dog play yard. they don't mess up the gardens. if you want nice gardens, make the dogs a play yard. use the fence to grow pretty non-toxic vines. lee
Thnx Lee
Our spaniels go for a daily walk 3 miles to the river Towy
They unfortunately have no area or space to make a specific dog yard
We do have Honeysuckle and Clematis planted on the wire fencing as suggested
I was just wondering if there was that "magic" keep dogs away plant out there
I dont want to harm my dogs
just deter them from cocking up the damn Lavender or any other shrub which they take fancy too hahaha
I will persevere as is
we are planting 100 plus sweet peas along the fence this year to develop colour and hopefully sweet smells
fingers crossed it works
and legs crossed for the dogs hopefully hahaha
--
Jimgentracer

well I can honestly say Im happy to hear that
although my Spaniels are taking their name to its full entirety by cocking their legs up anything
They are COCKER spaniels HAHAHAHA
--
Jimgentracer

Thanks all
I get the picture
and we maybe taking this that one step too far lol
I now decided to join the dogs and urinate on my fence!
In the hope some bitch comes along and wiggles her butt at me HAHAHA
If yer cant beat em Join em
seriously
Thanks again
Its been fun
--
Jimgentracer

one reason I have raised beds. but they still cause "winter kill". and mine are little guys. I had the garden itself blocked off until last year for a little construction, but then it was open and my azalea suffered. INgrid
On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 19:06:53 -0500, "Dioclese" <NONE> wrote: