planting tulips, any idea?

Hello everyone,

i actually like tulip a lot, but since i'm from a rain forest country in which tulips unable to grow under that kind of weather, so i can't plant tulip in my country. however, i'm currently studying in australia and now i have the chance to plant my lovely tulips!! sad thing is i don't know how to plant it. i actually have planted some tulip bulbs in a pot with organic mix which is ideal mix for planting and growing bulbs. however, it has been two months and i do not see any progress on it. this is my first time to plant tulip without any experience or knowledge, so any idea? thanks a lot.

best regards, bluemoon

Reply to
Bluemoon1383

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

Tulips need a period of cold before they will grow and bloom. In temperate climates, this is supplied by planting the bulbs outdoors in the fall so that they are chilled over the winter, and emerge in spring. You can simulate this by refrigerating the unplanted bulbs for

6 weeks at a temperature of 40-45F (4-7C). Then plant.
Reply to
Frogleg