Plant who needs a name!

Hi all,

I would be very grateful for any information as to what this plant is, as per the attached photo, as I am a complete plant novice!

I rescued it from withered neglect a year or two back, and last summer it did well with plenty of new healthy leaves but it seems to be struggling now with most leaves turning black soon after appearing.

Maybe I overwatered it, there was some white mould on the soil though not on the leaves as far as I could see, even when they go black.

My soil PH meter says pH is about 7, though I'm not sure how reliable this meter is.

I thought of putting in supports to help it climb off the soil and possibly avoid the mould, but as it seems to grow across the ground and put down roots here and there maybe it doesn't want to be lifted.

It lives on a windowsill in my flat, which does get chilly though not freezing in winter, and it gets a decent amount of sunlight I think.

Many thanks for any advice!

SausageTreeSlim

No image. This newsgroup does not permit attachments. Upload your photo to a Web service that we can access (e.g., Flickr).

Reply to
David E. Ross

Sorry the plant photo is on the second post in this thread as I forgot to attach it to the first!

Many thanks to anyone who can give me a pointer as to what sort of plant this is.

SausageTreeSlim

Messages to the rec.gardens newsgroup containing images or other attachments are blocked by most newsgroup servers.

Reply to
David E. Ross

The problem is that the post came via the UK "GardenBanter" forum, which somewhat randomly copies the posts to uk.rec.gardening or rec.gardens. Sometimes it gives links to photos which have been attached to the forum posts, sometimes not. (for example, see Lee Mac's OP below in the thread entitled "What is this (Moss like) species of Plant?", where a link to an attached photo is provided). Sometimes it doesn't continue the thread, as the OP's second post here didn't appear, although his first and third did!

I believe it is also not entirely consistent in posting newsnet replies back into the forum.

Reply to
Jeff Layman