Plant ordering

Can anyone recommend a web site to order plants from that is reasonable priced? Thanks!
On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 16:51:14 -0600, heppiechik wrote:

Depending on what you are ordering, you may be better off buying from a good nursery near your home. You may pay more but the theory is that you will be buying better quality plants.
Establish good rapport and a good nursery will do its best to give you top quality product AND service, both of which gardeners need.
Besides, it's only money.

And even more important you will buy plants that are grown where you live which gives them a better chance of survival.
Can anyone recommend a web site to order plants from that is reasonable

Unfortunately, not always an option for those of us in northern, rural areas. We're left with the options of Walmart type "greenhouses" or catalog and internet orders. I have "nursery" envy!! :-)
Lisa H
On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 09:40:27 -0700, Lisa Hurley wrote:

Having worked in a nursery for a summer, I saw folks who travelled several hundred miles for perennials. Personally I think that's too far, but making plant acquisition part of a vacation or other trip isn't such a bad idea.
Lisa Hurley wrote:

enough nearby nurseries to choose from. Try this site: http://gardenwatchdog.com /. They list and have customer ratings of lots of garden sites. You might also try Ebay. I was surprised to see that they had some nice plants available for sale. Just be sure that you check the customer satisfaction rating of the seller you buy from. I have gotten some pretty nice hard-to-find plants from there. You can do a search for the particular plants you are interested in.
Sharon

I'm specifically interested in patchouli plants and I'm in zone 7 hc
On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 11:08:01 -0600, "heppiechik"

<shudder> I got stuck in a room with someone who had patchuli oil onand I about threw up before I could get air again. I'd never heard of it before then, and since then whenever I see the word, I remember the smell.. I sure hope the plant is better than the smell! ;-)
Janice

Not all patchouli smells the same (I'm an ol' hippie) so you got to be careful and one tiny microdrop is enough to apply. I had a patchouli plant a few years ago but it died. Thanks anyway, hc