Best Tree and Plant Information Web Site?

Hello,

Does anyone know of a good Website to find tree and plant gardening advice and techniques, along with photographs and specific info about plants on the U.S. western coastal region?

If there only was "Sunset's Western Gardens" book on-line, that would be perfect.

Thank you everyone.

Reply to
Sysaron

Hi Sysaron,

I know of many sites with plant, soil, compost, mulch, tree, shrub an insect and disease information but they aren't specifically for th west coast of the US so I'm not including them here. My thought her is that the entire west coast is a very large geographic area with man and diverse climates, soils, hardiness zones and geographies. It woul be easier to know if you are interested in desert areas, the PNW wit it's cool wet winters and dry summers, etc. so I can get you some link for that type of climate. If you want sites about pruning, plantin trees or shrubs, how to make compost, how to start and maintain a lawn environmentally friendly solutions for pest and disease, etc I can giv you many, but they aren't specifically for the west coast. Much of th information contained at these sites is applicable for diverse areas o the planet. I would suggest you might want to contact your loca extension service for geographic specific info.

's what I have specifically for the west coast. The first one ha many links.
Web has forums for just about anything you can think of fro 'New to Gardening' to specific areas of the country and some specifi states.

-- Newt

Reply to
Newt

Check this site, maybe you will find something useful:

someone