east coast/northeast garden book?

We used to live on the west coast, and the Sunset Magazine Western Garden Book was the gardening bible of every good gardener I knew. Anyone know of an east coast/northeast oriented equivalent?

For those not familiar with it, it is a very thick, full color encyclopedic manual with lots of full color pictures of plant, tree, and shrub varieties. It also contains tips for garden design, techniques, etc. While some of the information is obviously transferable to our new location, the book does have a definite slant towards the conditions and varieties of plants one encounters in a west coast garden.

As the bit I know about gardening I learned on the west coast, I'd appreciate a book of this magnitude to help me choose plants and design the gardens at our new home.

Thanks for any ideas,

-Karen-

Reply to
dkhedmo

My lady has a few books but they are general in nature with specifics by "zone". Satisfies our needs for the most part but we do listen to the local radio garden show and have occassionaly asked that guy a few questions and also the local Cooperative Extension office (and their literature is all local).

Reply to
Srgnt Billko