Plant identification help

Does anyone recognize this? It's not a pepper that I recongnize, and doesn't look like an eggplant. It came out of a tray of what was supposed to be peppers, tomatoes, and eggplants. I guess I could wait until it bears fruit to see for sure, but I am rather curious. I have about a dozen of these, and I'm wondering if it is a tai eggplant of some sort?
http://deadice.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%20June%20Garden%201/images/DSCF3358.jpg
Oops..sorry about the broken link. I decided to clean up all of the junk on my website, and didn't get around to regenerating this directory. The link should not work. Here is a newer shot I took just yesterday.
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%20June%20Garden%201/images/DSCF3357.jpg
I just realized that I have two similar plants. One with smooth edged leaves, one with not-smooth edged leaves. Here is a shot of the latter:
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%20June%20Garden%202/images/DSCF3445.jpg
And for those interested - my first tomatoe and first zuccinni :-)...well, OK, it's exciting for us at least, this is the first garden we have had in 10 years or so.
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%20June%20Garden%202/images/DSCF3443.jpg
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%20June%20Garden%202/images/DSCF3426.jpg
"Matthew Reed" <nospam at zootal dot com nospam> wrote in message

The link should *now* work....too early in the morning to type...brain cells not awake.
"Matthew Reed" <nospam at zootal dot com nospam> wrote in message

Matthew Reed said:

Not eggplant and not pepper. They're likely weeds (but still in the nightshade family). There is a possibility of ground cherry or tomatillo. But they look like some of the weedy nightshades the birds deposit around my place. Healthy, though. (Mine usually look a bit shot-holed by flea beetles.)

I think they are tomatillo, I remember now planting some when I did the tomatoes/peppers/eggplants. I went out and examined them and realized that when young the leaf edges are smooth, but develop jaggies when they get older. So both pics are indeed the same plants. Here are some more pics of them that show the developing buds:
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%20June%20Garden%20Tomatillo/images/DSCF3532.jpg
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%20June%20Garden%20Tomatillo/images/DSCF3536.jpg
I vote for tomatillo.
Your link does not work sorry. Elaine "Matthew Reed" <nospam at zootal dot com nospam> wrote in message

It does now - I was cleaning up my website the other day, and had not got around to regenerating these files.