Plant ID please

Hi I am new to the forum and I have just moved to a new house and was wondering if you could help me ID this plant please ?
[image:
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee263/Digi_photo/1aplant1_742x600.jpg]
If I have posted this in the wrong place I am sorry and please feel free to move the thread,
Thanks
Digi.
--
Digi

On 7/31/08 9:23 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@gardenbanter.co.uk, "Digi"

leaves and the height....
Cheryl

Penta??
-Toni

[image:
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee263/Digi_photo/1aplant1_742x600.jpg]
It looks rather like Jupiter's Beard aka Red Valerian. Centranthus ruber. Without leaf closeup as Cheryl says, it is difficult to say for sure, but the foliage looks almost right from what I can see. Toni, the flowers don't look quite right for Pentas, which have very precise 5 petalled "stars" if I remember correctly?
Emilie NorCal
In article

You can see my Red Valerian for comparison. http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=YjOzMSMiLAHifoCGuBX4sg%3D%3D

--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars
mleblanca said:

2x600.jpg]
I second this ID.

After enlightenment, the laundry.
On 8/1/08 6:23 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@Pat-Kiewicz.newsgroups.comcast.net, "Pat Kiewicz"

That was my first thought as well.
Cheryl

You will want to keep the old flowers deadheaded as it can produce a profusion of seedlings. It's a great plant to attract Butterflies! Emilie
On 8/1/08 11:05 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@1g2000pre.googlegroups.com, "mleblanca"

I had a second thought - could it be one of the "Feelings" phlox - the red cultivar?
Cheryl
I'd seen these at Lowes for 50 cents each and decided to pick some up. They have a woody stem to them and do not look like annuals at all so I thought I'd take my chances and pick them up.
Size is about 12" tall by 12-16" wide, variegated leaves, semi hardwood branching.
1024x768
http://pics.fuzzywolf.com/IMG_1281.JPG
http://pics.fuzzywolf.com/IMG_1282.JPG
http://pics.fuzzywolf.com/IMG_1283.JPG
http://pics.fuzzywolf.com/IMG_1284.JPG
I've picked up alot of fun plants from the "OMG, I'm almost DEAD!" rack at Lowes for dirt cheap. So long as they're just badly treated perennials, it's well worth it.
This one however is dirt cheap, but only because they don't have a flippin' clue what it is. All that's on the pot is "Accent", which doesn't tell much.
Anyway, thanks tons for any help.. :)
On 8/1/08 3:57 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@l42g2000hsc.googlegroups.com,

Hey Cheryl.. Long time to chit-chat.. :)
Thanks for the guess, not sure if it fits though.
Shot with a $1 for size ref.
http://pics.fuzzywolf.com/IMG_1285.JPG
Young leaves are narrow and smooth along the side, older leaves seem to broaden and develop a rough edge as seen at the bottom of the bill.
On 8/1/08 4:23 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@34g2000hsf.googlegroups.com,

Hi, No clues then - useful reference though.
My thought had been a variant of the Henry's Garnet. Mine has kept the tiny leaves.
Cheryl
On Aug 1, 1:23 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Nothing very scientific, just rather a guess
1. Euonymous leaves would be alternate on stem 2. Eleagnus leaves would be opposite on stem maybe Maculata Emilie