philodendron invasion

I have had a couple of vigorously growing philodendron houseplants for a few years now, giving them new pots, water, and a bit of fertilizer as needed. This week, I discovered that there were lime green masses of what appear to be insect eggs all over the top layer of soil in both pots (the same color as the stems of the plant). At first, I attempted to scoop out the egg sacks and dispose of them, but soon realized they were all over the pot. I put the plants outside in the shade just in case they are insects and hatch soon. ick! any help? i'd rather scrap them than apply insectisides to houseplants. Thanks!

Reply to
Jennie