OT Music new to me and You

Harmonia Mundi 3:46 Mike Oldfield Music Of The Spheres Classical MPEG audio file 6 1/19/10 4:02 PM 2008
Mike is still about and was new to me. What is new to you? Has a tubular bells hint but I find that enjoyable.
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/757.html What is Global Dimming??

I certainly remember Tubular Bells being all-the-rage, back in high school. Glad to hear Mike Oldfield is still making music. http://tubular.net/ .. still quite a following, too. I alway tend to reach for a few old favs .. rather than seeking new stuff - I guess I'm in a rut. I'm also big on home-grown (Canadian) music. John T.

Sorry to hear of the passing of Kate McGarrigle. You North folk have given the rest of us south some wonderful music. Except for Neil Young ...Just kidding.
Found this for perspective on North South Up down yada yada.
<http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html> Todays is a keeper. Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/757.html What is Global Dimming??

Linda Ronstadt gave a nice interview on CBC radio last night, about Kate McGarrigle. I'll have to dust-off our McGarrigle record and give it a spin. I don't think that I own any Neil Young .. John T.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Young
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/757.html What is Global Dimming??

Heart Like A Wheel 3:13 Kate & Anna Mcgarrigle Kate & Anna McGarrigle Folk MPEG audio file 100 2005
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/757.html What is Global Dimming??

Did you mean to post a www link to the song ? Bill ? All I see is the text - as above . .. my McGarrigle record was warped :-( John T.

If you google "Kate & Anna Mcgarrigle, Heart Like A Wheel", you'll go straight to where you can play it. Not just a sound bite, but the whole song.

... what web site ? I get web links to the lyrics, ringtones, U-Tube, etc etc but not the song only .. John T.

If you can paste it into Google in Safari, or Firefox, it is the very first response.

See if you can find this. Five Octaves yes five .
Bill
Lady Jane 5:01 Rotary Connection Rotary Connection Rock 100 4 1/22/10 6:41 PM MPEG audio file 1967
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Zee aka Fresh horses from Sci.med.cardio days turned me on to
Grecki: Symphony #3, Op. 36, "Symphony Of Sorrowful Songs" - 1. Lento, Sostenuto Tranquillo Ma Cantabile 26:47 Dawn Upshaw; David Zinman: London Sinfonietta Grecki: Symphony #3 Classical 100 1 1/12/10 5:17 PM 1992
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA