OT: Farming in the Sky

Article in the Atlantic Magazine.
http://tinyurl.com/kgt5qsz
Can't think of any future more ghastly.
I am NOT a population control fanatic like some I have read (not on this NG ).
But I'd rather see old-fashioned dirt farming continue, and population cont rol information made available to the many "under-developed" cultures that have no access to family planning, or where the status of women is such tha t they have no control over their own bodies.
HB
On 5/25/2015 4:44 PM, Hypatia Nachshon wrote:

Note: When the U.S. Congress appropriates funds for foreign aid, the legislation always includes a prohibition against using any of that money for family planning, even for information about family planning.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see

That is not correct. The funding is restricted, surely, but there are monies designated for contraceptive and some family planning. Varies.
http://kff.org/global-health-policy/fact-sheet/the-u-s-government-and-international-family-planning-and-reproductive-health/