Online shopping

Since the web changes everyday, I thought I should ask this question again, even though I did a google search.... For those buying plants online, where have you gone from shrubs, etc. Looking for recs, and those to avoid. Thanks for your time.

Check out http://davesgarden.com/gwd /
That's the "Garden Watchdog's Guide to Gardening by Mail."
Priscilla
--
"You can't welcome someone into a body of Christ and then say only
certain rooms are open." -- dancertm in alt.religion.christian.episcopal

again,
Unless you are looking for tiny shrubs in 4 inch pots, I can't see buying them online. The shipping charge for a decent sized shrub in a three or five gallon container would be more than the plant is worth in most cases. I've not had great luck buying bare root plants by mail.
If you are looking for perennials, I would recommend Bluestone Perennials. There are lots of specialty places for things like peonies (Songsparrow Nursery) and daylilies.
Jack wrote:

Your question makes no sense.
"where have you gone from shrubs"
This is rec.gardens.

USDA Zone 8
Spelling error. "where have you gone FOR shrubs."

On Sat, 14 May 2005 19:17:35 GMT, "Travis"

Take a nap Travis!
X-No-Archive:yes
Haven't bought any shrubs online, but I can recommend QVC for yard/garden equipment. For example, I have a really nice little red wagon that I bought from them:)
i just started a website for my nursery. i collect and grow all kinds of oddball type plants. i get a genus i like and start collecting every cultivar and species for my gardens. then i evaluate them for hardiness and other things. if they pass the test of survival in my gardens, then i propagate them and grow them on. the problem is, i have all these plants and haven't found a decent way to market them. most people in my area buy the usual yew, azalea, rhodie, blah, blah, blah stuff. i like to find stuff nobody else has. my problem is that i'm an investment and return kind of guy. i like to share my knowledge and love of collection too.