No snow

Isn't it crazy we are this far into January and I have seen very little snow. Right now it is 20F out and there is no snow in the forcast. The good thing is that I am not outside shoveling snow everyday. Anybody else have snow? Chuckie in the undecided north, zone 5

Reply to
Chuckie

Nothing here in Scotland. We were promised the coldest winter in years but I'm sitting here in a T shirt :(

Floyd

Chuckie wrote:

Reply to
Floyd

SHHHHHHHHHH.............

Jeananne zone 5 OH

Reply to
Jean

And we cant even get any rain here in NW Kansas (but I'm not going to complain). I have a friend who always said "I hope it stays this way until February and then gets better".

Dwayne

Reply to
Dwayne

Well, Lassen Peak in Northern Calif. has 10 feet (125 inches)

Of course, no one lives there.

Emilie NorCal

Reply to
mleblanca

Reply to
s.ellis

We got 3 inches in the Hudson Valley of N.Y. 2 days ago. It was 1 above here yesterday, 10 right now this morning. So far we've lucked out. We HAVE had a few rain storms that could have easily left 2 feet of snow.

I'm not complaining!

Reply to
Tom Randy

Who can complain I am saving a bundle on heating costs. I heard that in Texas they having a drought that is amazing for this time of year. Last year this time most of northern Ohio (my home state) flooded. The snow melted and all the rivers flooded then the reservoirs couldn't hold all the water, so it was a mess. Fortunately for me I do not live in the areas that flooded. Chuckie in the undecided north, zone 5

Reply to
Chuckie

We had amazing mild tempertures this weekend ( 13 C ) and melted all the snow and felt just like spring. Now the cold weather came back and snow is back even tho it isn't apparent in my provences capital. want a quick peek?

Lynn

We're under a storm warning: up to 30cm (1ft) expected over the next 24 to 36 hours. Wert snow, too, with likelihood of rain in the southern areas of NE Ontario (ie, approximately us). That'll make for heavy stuff to get off the driveway.

From the formerly freezing north,

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

I'm in East Texas, and you're right about the drought. We haven't seen any significant rain in months and it's starting to get quite painful. My pond (which looked more like a small lake than a pond) is almost completely dry now. The temps have been in the 70's and even low 80's a few days...very unusual for this time of year in Texas. Hoping this year the saying "April Showers Bring May Flowers" is true...we need the showers badly!!

Angie in the Boonies of East Texas

Reply to
junkyardcat

My only complaint is that warm winters always seem to mean that the bugs will be active in the garden way before I am.

Reply to
Robert

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at

up:
the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the recommendations I make. AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE

Reply to
dr-solo

going to be above 40oF on thurs. in Milwaukee near the lake. this is easily 20o high. in fact it has been 10+ o over for all of Jan. Ingrid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at

up:
the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the recommendations I make. AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE

Reply to
dr-solo

Robert My only complaint is that warm winters always seem to mean tha

the bugs will be active in the garden way before I am.

lol robert u are right on that one. we dont have much in the way o snow here in southeastern ontario either. we did have freezing rai today and then rain not long afterwards but are supposed to maybe ge about 10 cm of snow overnight should be one heck of a nice skating rin by tomorrow morning lol. cyaa sockiescat

-- sockiescat

Reply to
sockiescat

Please keep the snow up there in the north! Some of us here in South Carolina would be just happy not to see any! It's 52 F here at 10pm and that's cool enough!

loony

Reply to
loonyhiker

It snowed tuesday and It melted today, again I am saved from shoveling snow since it was only one inch. Isn't this a great winter? Chuckie in the Mudded north, zone 5

Reply to
Chuckie

No snow here in Homer, Alaska. We should have 6 feet by now. Haven't plowed the driveway yet, and our beef cows have been eating green grass almost all winter!

My perennials are going to take a hard hit, as I don't mulch. (We've never had an open winter at this elevation before.)

It's 10F. here right now, and the local volcano has been spitting ash in the last week. (Mt. Augustine. It's been in the news.)

Jan 59N,151W Zone 3 or 4 depending

Reply to
Jan Flora