New to Dahlias. Are there any tips I should know?

Hi, I'm in zone 8 and trying out Dahlias for the first time. I've bought several types... ball, decorative dinnerplate, and several decorative Fubuki's, so the packages read.
If anyone has tips and hints to share, so that I'll get maximum enjoyment out of these, please let me know? With thanks, BL
You can get a lot of help by joining the FREE Dahlia-net list and asking your questions there.
-- "Knowledge is a 3 edged Sword" Kosh on Babylon 5 www.starlords.org

Thankyou for replying.
I don't do the yahoo groups as my computer had major troubles after signing up with one of their groups. I've steered clear of them ever since. As well, I have cookies blocked and that's a no-no to yahoo. They won't let you in unless you unblock the cookie cache.
Thankyou again.
BL
On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 21:41:36 -0800, "starlord" <starlord<*>inreach.com> wrote:

Cookies will do nothing to your computer, all it is is a way for yahoo to see that you've been there before. Plus the Dahlia-net is the oldest Online email list for dahlia people, some of the Nation's top dahlia growers are on the Dahlia-net, plus we have many over seas members too. The Dahlia-net has become the number 1 elist for and about Dahlias. I know, because I am the one that started it up 10 years ago while I was on the old muskrat.com BBS.
-- "Knowledge is a 3 edged Sword" Kosh on Babylon 5 www.starlords.org

"starlord inreach.com>" <starlord<*> wrote in message

Spybot -Search and Destroy that can be downloaded free from the following site:
http://www.spybot-search.com /
Run it each night to get rid of unwanted material on your computer.
John
Having cookies on has never hurt this computer yet. and I run a bunch of yahoo lists.
-- "Knowledge is a 3 edged Sword" Kosh on Babylon 5 www.starlords.org

http://www.dahlias.net /
then for a start go to Dahlia care and culture.
Welcome to an addiction.
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries