New potatos just in time

I am a very satisifed man this afternoon. I rooted out my first new potato just in time for a christmas day feed. It looks ideal eating size.

I had planted the potatos in a garden chocka full of horse poop and they took well. Almost to well I feared as they looked to be all tops and no bottom. Needent have worried judging what I pulled out. First crop I have ever grown, was always sweet potato any other time.

Heaps of summer lettuce, carrots and spring onions and now some potatos. Tomatos are not ready yet which is a shame.

The growing is as satisfying as the eating I reckon.

Reply to
George.com

"George.com" wrote in news:elvhhg$4mi$ snipped-for-privacy@lust.ihug.co.nz:

Isn't it amazing how we are willing to eat things grown in horse poo? I guess my dogs always had it right: horse poo is good eatin'!

Reply to
Gemstone Rivers