new pipaya plant.

I am planning to plant some papaya trees....please tell me the manure for plants....or procedure.

Reply to
thomaspoul

Are you sure you want to do this?

The papaya commonly seen as a fruit (Carica papaya) is a tropical plant. It can grow to 25 ft, so your greenhouse should be about 30 ft tall. It is usually dioecious, which means there are male plants and female plants; both are required if fruit is desired.

The plants need excellent drainage. Cold, wet soil will kill them. They should get regular feeding and watering in warm weather.

The female plants bear fruit at an early age. Per Sunset's "Western Garden Book":

Reply to
David E. Ross

ya infarct i planted it...and found good result.

Reply to
thomaspoul

Papaya plants must be properly watered according to instructions; otherwise, too much water can lead to root rot. This condition quickly kills the papaya fruit because of the lack of drainage at the planting site. Poor water drainage cuts off oxygen to the plant and it also causes fungi to form, causing more damage to the papaya. One way to avoid root rot disease would be to plant papaya seeds in raised planting beds or in garden spaces with better water drainage. Hope that is of help. Good luck.

Reply to
BertB