Model 7 John Deere Trailer

I have the above JD trailer. Could some on tell me what the tire pressure should be?

It should be written on the side of the tires.
For a manual check out: http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductCatalog/HO/manuals/manuals.html
To ask John Deere, check out: http://homeowners.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/homeowners.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp .php
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman
S. M. Henning wrote:

No, not at all. That is the *maximum* pressure the tire can handle. The recommended pressure has to do with the type of tire and size and the weight of the load.
--
Tony

Hell its only a utility trailer towed behind a L & G tractor. Just put the max amount of air as specified on the tire in it and don;t worry about it. Its not like your going out on the hiway cruising at 80 mph and concerned with traction and cornering or the ride............
wrote:

Visit my website: http://www.frugalmachinist.com Opinions expressed are those of my wife, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

The tires I've read all say "max load ____ lbs. at ___ PSI". That means that for that pressure you can put that much weight on it. If you're not going to exceed the specified weight, you might as well pump it up to the specified pressure.
-- spud_demon -at- thundermaker.net The above may not (yet) represent the opinions of my employer.

The type of tire is the type it is written on, duh. The load capacity is the sum of the tire ratings less the weight of the trailer if and only if you fill the tires up to this number. There is no reason not to. If the tires are too soft for a given load, the tires start bouncing and the trailer becomes unstable. I always use maximum pressure.
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman