Mint, oak trees, & roundup

When I moved into my house last summer, there was a small corner of mint. This spring, my entire backyard is covered with the stuff! There's way too much to dig out by hand.
Looking at old posts, it looks like Roundup might be the best bet. But I have 2 big old oak trees back there, and their roots are through the backyard as well. Will the Roundup kill the trees? If so, what else can I do?
Thank you!
Sarah
On 28 Apr 2005 10:01:04 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Roundup won't hurt the trees as long as you keep it off the tree leaves. Follow the directions on the package.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Roundup is going to kill everything growing on the ground in your yard, including the grass (but probably won't hurt the trees). Try one of those specialized broadleaf weed killers instead. It will work on the mint, dandelions, etc but save what lawn you might have.
Dawn

Mow it then roll in it.
David