Magnolia Tree

Can anyone tell me the best time to prune my five year old Magnolia? Can I prune now? Should I wait until winter? We are warm enough so that it is an evergreen (doesn't lose leaves in the fall). I live outside of Philadelphia Pa.
Thanks for any info you can give me.
snipped-for-privacy@voicenet.com says... :) Should I wait until winter? We are warm enough so that it is an :) evergreen (doesn't lose leaves in the fall). I live outside of Philadelphia :) Pa. :) :) A benefit doing it in Winter is that there isn't the insect issues that will attack open wounds of trees from trimming..though I can't think of an insect that attacks magnolias.
--
We child proofed our home,
but they are still getting in.