Leucanthemum 'Becky' cutting back

Thanks for the help here with my Rudbeckia, now a question about these Leucanthemum 'Becky'. Do I trim them all the way down to the woody base for winter? Im in zone 6 (NY).
Thanks in advance..
Drew H.

Hey Drew... Shasta 'Becky' will come back from its roots and will increase significantly every year, forming many new plants around the old ones. You can divide and move them in the spring. It doesn't much matter what you do to the parts that remain above ground at this point......they're over. If you leave about an inch or so of the old stems, it'll make it easier to watch for new growth around them in the spring. Some folks use a light mulch on Shastas for winter protection.
Best, Tyra nNJ usa z7ish
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnoway (Tyra Trevellyn) wrote in message >

Excellent, so I can trim them down to the base. I was concerned that I would be impacting next year's growth..
DH