Miniature citrus?

When I was a child, stuckeys stores used to sell miniature orange, lemon, and palm trees. Are these still on the market anywhewre?

thanks

chaz-

Reply to
chaz

J Kolenovsky

I think you want dwarf citrus. These are readily available wherever the climate is appropriate for citrus outdoors. They should also be available elsewhere since dwarf citrus can be kept in containers and moved into shelter during the winter.

I have three dwarf citrus trees in 18" tubs. The Eureka lemon and Robertson navel orange are about 3' from soil to top; the kumquat is a bit shorter. They have full-size fruit; but with fewer branches than full-sized trees, they just don't have as much fruit. Nevertheless, one year, I got about 60 lemons. I never got more than about a dozen oranges in a single year. Most years, I get so many kumquats that I let some just fall and rot.

Reply to
David Ross

David, Thanks for the info, WHO would carry these?

chaz-

Reply to
chaz

Try a general nursery. If you are in a cold-winter climate, you might have to wait until spring. You might also have to special-order these. Since citrus is evergreen and cannot be left out in winter weather, mail-order is risky.

Reply to
David Ross