lariape for ground cover

This is so basic, but I don't know...I would like to transplant this beautiful ground cover (it has dark berries at times) to cover a partially shaded hill.. ..poor soil. Any tips on when the best time of the year is to do this ?

Reply to
janp

That depends a whole lot on where *you* are.

Reply to
Cearbhaill

The plant is Liriope, so do a search on google for tons of info.

Reply to
Jangchub

and Liriope are 2 different plants. HTH

Reply to
told2b

ny tips on when the best time of the year is to do

I don't think so. I think it is being misspelled on the site you show.

Reply to
Jangchub

Looks like liriope to me. Variations in spelling are not uncommon.

Reply to
Cearbhaill

Taxonomy assigns one Latin term to a plant which is spelled the same way. This different spelling of same plants is what common names are for.

Reply to
Jangchub

In a perfect world, maybe. People misspell proper names everyday.

Are you saying it is not Liriope muscari ?

Reply to
Cearbhaill

If you look at the entire thread, someone said these were two entirely different plants. I said, no the website misspelled it and it went on from there. I don't know if it's L. muscari, I do know it is Liriope, not Lariape.

Reply to
Jangchub