Japanese knotweed

Hi I'm interested to see what sort of problems people encountered with japanese knotweed and how they have managed to get rid of the weed.

Reply to
Hcaterpillar

Do a Google search under 'Japanese knotweed' or 'Polygonum cuspidatum'. As this is one of the most pernicious of invasive weeds and very widespread in its occurrence, you'll find dozens of sites remarking on it and offering means of control. Eradication is difficult and requires repeated efforts. Do not expect this to be easily resolved in a single season. And if it is on neighboring properties, it's going to have to be a joint effort.

Reply to
gardengal

Hi Caterpillar, Gardengal is right. It's a terribly invasive weed ... unless you like it. Then it's a fast-growing plant that requires no care whatsoever. It's kind of pretty too and can be used to screen off things that aren't so pretty. Another good feature is that it's good to eat. The young, springtime shoots are not as sour as rhubarb but not unlike rhubarb either, except they're hollow. Bon appetit y'all.

-Paw, Doomer > > > Hi I'm interested to see what sort of problems people encountered with

Reply to
Paw