Japanese knotweed pics

I took some neat pics of this weed.

big piece of property wasted to knotweed.

neighbor put up a fence.

after a mow, this pesky stuff grows back.

Reply to
Tim923

Aaiiieeeee, knotweed!!!! Noooooooo.........

Gee you think.

I should have posted pics of my patch. It was about 30 feet long and

10 feet wide and growing. I started getting worried that it was not just some bamboo like plant despite the August blooms. When I found out what it was I thought that I'd just chop it down, but boy does it grow back.

This year I've resorted to poison - heavy doses of roundup. I think I've killed most of it. At least its not growing back with its old resiliency. This stuff takes some stomping on to keep down.

The worst thing is that now that I know what it is, I can see it growing everywhere.

Swyck

Reply to
Swyck

snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com expounded:

The plant is at its weakest just as it flowers, hit it then, and you'll get most of it. Then it's just a matter of followup on the survivors. This is one plant I'll haul out the big guns (round-up) for.

Reply to
Ann

That's a shame really because its flowering is its only redeeming feature. It s amazing how many flying insects are crawling over the plants gathering nectar, many that I've never seen before and can't identify. Still its gotta go.

Swyck

Reply to
Swyck

Did this stuff overpopulate Japan, or does it have predators there?

Reply to
Tim923

snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com expounded:

I know, it's actually a member of the buckwheat family, and makes great honey, from what I hear. Too bad it's so nasty.

Reply to
Ann