jack-in-the-pulpit

Does anyone know a good, not too expensive source for jack-in-the-pulpits, may apples, and the like?
Alan

** Please use address alanh77[at]comccast.net to reply via e-mail. **
snipped-for-privacy@junk.min.net wrote:

"Inexpensive" jack-in-the-pulpits would be something akin to cheap coins of pure gold, or an inexpensive pet snow leopard. One moderately priced source is http://www.naylorcreek.com/index.html -- lots of interesting shade plants.
If you are knowledgeable enough about aroids to save seeds of unusual varieties you've already had good luck with, the aroid societies & e-lists do a great job of trading seeds between one another's members, though they gotta kinda know who you are, because most people seeking free seeds are just such asswipes, & if you've got nothing great to offer in return, you don't get to play.
-paghat the ratgirl

I've got tons of them both and Trilliums, too, growing in the woods on my property. Didn't know you could actually buy them. Sue in Mi. (zone 5)
at 12:45 AM, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (SAS567) said:

I guess you can buy anything.
Alan

** Please use address alanh77[at]comccast.net to reply via e-mail. **
do a google search for domestically propagated wild flowers I am sure they will have them. I have them in my itty bitty city garden and they are a nuisance. I have to cut and dispose of the red berry stalk every year or have a gazillion jacks sprout the next year. sooooo if you know somebody with a jack, harvest the berries after the plant has died. separate the berries and plant them. Ingrid
On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 18:29:28 -0300, snipped-for-privacy@junk.min.net wrote:

I bought a bunch at ebay.
got a friend with a forest? I raided my cousins bush and got jack-in-the-pulpits, may apples, blood root, both white and red trilliums, dog wood violets and many ferns. Oh yeah and a few deer ticks.
-- Dana www3.sympatico.ca/lostmermaid

enialle wrote:

if a whole bushel of soil is moved. And, it is illegal in public parks and forests.