Intensive Gardening Has My Interest

Intensive gardening seems to produce great crops with many added advantages to single row planting. I'm going to give it a shot this year. I'm going to use a 50'x3 1/2' bed and see what happens as far as the results. I like the idea of NO wasted space! My garden will be double dug in ground and very well amended with leaf mold, compost and slow release organic fertilizer. A lot of veggies from a small area? We shall see, only time will tell but it does sound like a good idea with some very sound reasoning to support the benefits. NO, I'm not going to lay out a grid and get into the square foot aspect of it. Not quite that serious yet.....LOL But I do plan on intercroping to try and make the best use of space, fertilizer and water in order to grow a lot of veggies in a small space. Create a micro climate for the plants? I hope so because nothing in nature grows in a straight row.

Rich

Reply to
EVP MAN