I just canna stand 'em!

I'm having problems with caterpillars on my cana lillies. They are very slender, around 1 to 1 1/2 inches long, and they use silk to sew the cana leaves closed before they unroll-- and then eat out the leaf and prevent new leaves from pushing through. I've been dealing with them by hand, manually unrolling the leaves as they reach unrolling size, but I'm hoping for recomendations on the correct poison to apply to send them screaming into baby-moth Hell.

Sounds like leaf rollers. You can use BT on them. It is non-toxic.
Yep, you must live towards the southeast, the best you can use is BT, you'll need to keep a good amount onhand and respray it after a good rain, but it's about the best.
Canna-net The oldest e-list for and about Canna.
snipped-for-privacy@domeus.co.uk