Choosing a Lawn Mower with swivel casters or NOT

I want to buy a push lawn mower. Does anybody have any experience, comments, suggestions or recommendations on a lawn mower with swivel casters in the front. I have less than 1/4 acre yard but I want to do it painless.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Reply to
Jmn

If you have a lot of corners, especially inside corners, the swivel casters will make it a lot easier to mow into the corners without having to raise the front of the mower to turn. Not only does it make the turn easier, but you can do it in less space.

With a conventional mower, to lift the front wheels you need to push down on the handle, which changes it's angle, and causes it to stick out further. Also, as you push down, you're likely to stick your rear out further. So if you don't have to push down on the handle, and you aren't sticking your butt out, you can turn in less space.

So the more you turn, and the tighter those turns are, the more you'll appreciate the swivels.

Reply to
Warren