Hydroculture and houseplants where to buy?

I am an absolute newbie and want to start growing some plants indoors. think hydroculture will be less messy and less maintenance. Want to buy a couple of houseplants to start off with.
My question is what are good places, either in Portland Oregon or on the web to buy a dwarf date palm, and one of the following, Norfolk pine, snake plant, aloe vera etc. I do want to use hydroculture if at all possible.