hydrangea

I have a plant that belonged to my grandmother. It is not doing very well due to being moved, eaten by a puppy and stomped by construction workers. It is now about a foot tall and I have a bit of hope for it now that things have settled down. At some point I would like to give some of it to relatives in honor of grandma. Do these plants use cuttings to reproduce or is it only seed?
Dan Listermann wrote:

Cuttings. Extremely easy. You should find pictures on net. Cut off end with a couple of leaves and cut off top half of leaves and put stem in moist potting soil. Nearly all cuttings will take.

Thanks!