How to kill a pyracantha!

I have had an apple tree that has been growing nicely from seed on the border of my garden. Its 10 years old and is only a meter high. It hasnt been looked after very well but I am in the process of regenerating it to its full potential. However my rude neighbour has planted a ruddy pyracantha right next to it!
Has anyone got any idea how to kill this thing off. Im very worried about my apple tree. I want to be able to kill this pyracantha without my neighbor noticing . Me and my neighbor do not get on so simply asking him to move it is out of the question.
Any ideas please! Thanks, Liam
--
liampenn

liampenn wrote:

"I live next to this rude bloke called Liam who is plotting to kill my beautiful new pyracantha. Please help me protect myself and my property from the unreasonable demands that he makes, he imagines that everybody in the block should plant trees and shrubs only if it suits him. I fear he will spray poison on my shrub over the fence at night and then deny all knowledge. I want to protect my privacy and property. He will get the message if I fire-bomb his silly stunted apple tree that is shading out my wonderful pyracantha. I have been googling for 'napalm' but nobody seems to sell it round here, what should I use? Also where can you buy Strontium-90 or can I make it myself? We don't get on so trying to talk sense to him won't work. "
Liam's Neighbour
On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 14:09:32 +1000, "David Hare-Scott"

hehe. +1
I've got to wonder - WTF is your neighbour doing planting things IN YOUR YARD? If it's not in your yard, then it most certainly isn't YOUR pyrocantha to kill, and perhaps you should question the logic of having planted a fruit tree inches from the property line.
Ideally, the tree is on your NORTH property line, and then you can simply construct a solid panel fence between the tree and the pyrocantha.
BTW - an apple tree from SEED is pretty much a wildcard. Doesn't matter how tasty the original apple was, the seed won't bear true. You might consider getting yourself some scions and grafting - then at least you'd have some known fruit varieties.
On 6/20/2012 1:54 AM, Sean Straw wrote:

Ten year old tree only a meter high? Sounds like it is shaded out. Not worth trying to revive.

Hey, we know that guy!
The guy can't get along with anyone. Might as well fire-bomb the house. You'll be the most popular home owner on the block.
--
Dan Espen

On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 22:49:12 +0000, liampenn

YO, SHIT FOR BRAINS... MOVE YER PUNY TREE... SHOVE IT UP YER TROLLING ARSE. Even in partial shade before ten years an apple tree should be producing apples.
liampenn;962341 Wrote: > I have had an apple tree that has been growing nicely from seed on the > border of my garden. Its 10 years old and is only a meter high. It hasnt > been looked after very well but I am in the process of regenerating it > to its full potential. However my rude neighbour has planted a ruddy > pyracantha right next to it!

> about my apple tree. I want to be able to kill this pyracantha without > my neighbor noticing . Me and my neighbor do not get on so simply asking > him to move it is out of the question.

Liam you might as well give up on your apple tree, sorry but trees grown from seed will revert to crab apple as this is the natural tree, all apple trees are grafts onto crab apple stock. Perhaps this is what you want.
--
Tom thacker