Honda izy, starts but won't run

Hello, I need some help with my 2003 Honda izy lawnmower. It starts first pull but cuts out after about 30 seconds. Been 100% great since I bought it new 5yrs ago. I've cleaned & set the plug, but no luck. Unscrewed the bolt under the carb for a few seconds and let the fuel flow, still no luck. Air filter is clean. It's been stored for the last few months with a full tank of fuel, as normal every year.

Any ideas on my next move? Thanks, Phil

Reply to
benabbyg

Sounds like a stuck float valve. Rebuild the carburetor (not nearly as big a job as it sounds like) and it should be fine.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Thanks very much for the advice John. Before I saw your reply I tried some Redex Fuel Cleaning Treatment (from Halfords) and good news, seems to be ok now! Does sound like something was sticking inside the carb.

Bye

Reply to
benabbyg