Help to identify everything in our new garden

Hi,
We have recently moved house and it has a small but very beautiful garden of which we would like to maintain. However, we know very very little about gardening as a whole - we used to simply have a lawn, one bush, pots and a greenhouse that I did successfully grow a few veg in, but that's it!
I've taken quite a few pictures of the many shrubs, herbs, fruit trees, flowers etc and wonder if I can upload them on here and see if anyone can kindly identify them all so that we may read up on how to look after them?
If this is ok - can someone please also tell me how to upload pics onto here?
Many thanks in advance :-)
--
lexx

My first thought would be to take the pix to a good nursery. They can identify the flora, and then you can read up on them.
You should know how to upload pix anyway. There are many providers. I happen to use TinyPic. Go to their Web site <tinypic.com.

Sorry, hit Send by mistake.
So where were we? First you make a Folder called "My Garden"(or whatever) in My Documents or wherever you save stuff, and Save your photos in that Folder. Then go to the Website <tinypic.com> and follow the directions. It will ask you to identify the pic you want to upload. You will get that info from your "My Garden"folder. The photos will be numbered. You could either leave them numbered or give them names. Which, I realize, you do not have! So you could call a given pic ""fruit tree #1"", etc. Or just leave the pics numbered.
Try it. Good luck!
HB
lexx wrote: ...

can you find the previous owner? they can help the most.
songbird

One can post pictures on "alt.binaries.pictures.gardens". Even those that are using September-Eternal can post and view those binaries.
But how many pictures are you taking??? Perhaps a few at a time depending on how much data your transferring.

On 7/26/11 7:10 AM, lexx wrote:

Photos attached to a message in this newsgroup are a big no-no. Some servers will even reject your message, let alone the photos. Higgs Boson gave a good alternative for making your photos visible.
Another idea is to contact your local agricultural extension, sometimes called cooperative extension. They should be administering a master gardener program that can help you.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see

He/she posting through gardenbanter in the UK and posters using that cite frequently upload photos to that site and provide a link here.
On 7/26/11 8:04 PM, FarmI wrote:

Oops! I guess there is no extension services in the UK.