help identifiying these plants !

hi all, ive been doing some gardening now after a lenghthy recovery.

umm, i basically want to know what these plants are and what family they come from, best way to maintain them etc etc...

we moved into this house just over a year ago now and the garden was a mess with plants overgrowing and there where hills in the garden, (it was very bad)

so where pretty sure these plants where planted by the previous owner.

and ever since we moved in theyrev'e never grown so im guessing theyre the plants that kind of 'hibernate' in the winter and grow when the weathers ok (berrenials ??)

if anyone could have a look at the attached pictures id be greatful if you could tell me a few details about them.

thanks in advance !!

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Slough-20120604-00269.jpg | |Download:
||Filename: Slough-20120604-00270.jpg | |Download:
||Filename: Slough-20120604-00271.jpg | |Download:
zuhayr-123

We tried zucchini but I don't remember any of them yielding anything if they even survived, peppers only bore a few that were tiny.

allen73

No doubt and the noise of the grasshoppers dancing will keep you awake at night unless you wear fluffy slippers to bed. [On your ears not your feet, you may need sticky tape]

David Hare-Scott

The first two are some type of true lily. I'm not sure about the third one, but it too might be a lily. The long buds open to rather nice flowers. I can't have the flowers in my house because their fragrance makes me sneeze, and I can't grow them in my garden because my soil is very heavy clay.

Reply to
David E. Ross