Growing daylilies from seed

I pulled a bunch of seeds off my daylilies (Stella D'Oro), and I'd like to grow them if possible. Do I need to start them inside? Or can I just throw them in the ground? If I can throw them in the ground, should I wait for spring or do it now? If it matters, I live in between Richmond, Virginia and Washington DC.

Thanks for your help! Rod

Reply to
Rodney Clough

Googling on "daylilies from seed" brought up this:

's fun to grow them from seed. I don't remember what season I planted mine (outdoors, about 100mi south of you), but it's cool to have plants from seed. They took a while to bloom, but I really wasn't paying much attention to them.

Reply to
Frogleg