Groundcover in So Cal

I live in Riverside, California (halfway between Los Angeles and Palm Springs).
In the front of my house, I have a 30' by 20' garden containing about a dozen roses and other shrubs.
Years ago, I planted gazanias as a groundcover but they now unattractively thin, lanking and gangly.
I'd like to replace the gazanias with an attractive groundcover that flowers more-or-less continuously.
There won't be any foot traffic but I want a low-growing ground cover that won't overwhelm the shrubs in my garden and that will prevent the weeds.
gary wrote:

Consider pink clover (Persicaria capitata). In my garden, it seems to bloom all year round, even after being nipped by frost. However, it can be invasive. Read about it in Sunset's "Western Garden Book".
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

African daisies? Baby iceplant?

African daisies aren't really low-growing.
On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 16:52:05 -0800 in
world with this thought:

Not sure how "low" is meant here... the ones around my house never get more than a foot deep, but that's a lot more than something like lichen...

A foot seems deep-ish for ground cover. However...de gustibus...
I like Campanula. Has pretty blue flowers. Stays low.
Persephone