Grey laundry water for garden watering?

Who was Tony Martin? I don't remember him. I'm with you on the Tinnitus. A little peace and quiet would be nice.

Reply to
Billy

I'm wondering if there is a fillet technique for them.

Reply to
Omelet

I have _tons_ of red wrigglers living in my back yard!

Reply to
Omelet

Mom used to can meat. It keeps for years that way. A pressure cooker is a godsend.

For tinnitus, try running a fan at night. Works well for me.

I have trouble sleeping without one now. ;-)

Stretching exercises keep me mobile.

Reply to
Omelet

Glad to know we aren't the only ones like this. Fan always at night. When we travel we must carry a fan. Winter and summer. Night silence is....unnerving. ;-)

Reply to
Charlie

It is good, but I prefer it minimally cooked. When I cook shrimp, I do it in a very hot pan with butter and olive oil with garlic, dill weed and lemon pepper (salt free). Toss it around in the pan until it just turns pink.

I like raw octopus and tuna, but not squid. Squid gotta be braised or deep fried. ;-d

I know what you mean! Did you see my jpeg?

It also grows forever!

I've made pickled eggs using beet juice from the cans and pickle juice from the jars I buy at the grocery store. :-) That's a way to cheat making your own cucumber or okra pickles. Get the brand of pickles you like from the store, (I like Claussens), eat the pickles and save the commercial juice for pickling! I keep it in the 'frige.

Hm. I'll have to look for that! I like to steam radishes in stews and cooked veggie mixes, greens and all.

Yes they are! See above for radish greens. :-) Those are tossed by most people.

Oh gods. Both Broccoli and Cauliflower greens are GOOD! I always add them to the steaming mix. ;-d But, I do love greens. Never tried eating carrot tops, just fed them to the bird. I imagine, if nothing else, they'd be good for stock. They have a rather intense flavor. I always use celery leaves as well, and I freeze the tough asparagus stems to use in stock.

Indeed! :-) I finally started saving a LOT more trimmings in the freezer for stock. I've been amazed at the difference that "garbage" has made in the intensity of my stock flavor. I use stock mostly for making rice. I never cook rice in just water.

I've got some beef rib bones from a local BBQ place that I go to occasionally. I'll be using that smoky beef stock to make lentils.

Reply to
Omelet

Sounds tasty. I did a big batch of braised chicken drumsticks today, (they were on sale for $.99 per lb. for an 8 lb. bag) and a hyooge pot of black rice cooked in pork and veggie stock.

Reply to
Omelet

Ooh, sounds yummy! I often use a vinaigrette marinade for grilled chicken over a wood fire. Marinating the asparagus prior to grilling works too. I have one of those veggie grill thingies for the wood grill.

Reply to
Omelet

Oh yeah, sounds extra tasty! If nuthin' else, we on wrecked gardens sure do eat well!

Makes it hard to stretch oftimes! ;-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

yeah yeah yeah.....similar to the old put a carp on a cedar plank and bake for thirty minutes then toss the carp and eat the plank. ;-)

Seriously, if you ever had a proper carp, you would sing a different song. :-)

Betcha never ate gar either. Easy and better'n you would think.

Care Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

I've eaten roe sacks but have not tried milt sacks.

Reply to
Omelet

I've met others like this too. When I went hunting last month, the dead silence out on the prairie (except for the occasional screech of the barn owls in the old shed next to the trailer) made it so I could not sleep. I bought a small fan at wal-mart post-haste!

Reply to
Omelet

That's what I get for not reading the entire post before replying. I was not fully awake yet. ;-)

Sorry!

Reply to
Omelet

I'm wondering if I ought to try preparing a Haggis recipe using Tripe. Sheep stomach is not available at the grocery stores here. ;-)

Reply to
Omelet

We have alligator gar around here. I've noted that many fisherman toss them on the bank.

I've never caught one. Might consider spear fishing for one. I'm not convinced an average fishing line would hold one with those teeth!

Reply to
Omelet

NO! Simply fry the tripe and call it good!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Charlie, you are not going to believe this, but here in Aus, they are used as a fertiliser. And it is called (wait for it) 'Charlie Carp':

FarmI

You'd have to have very good teeth to eat fried tripe. It's normally used in Menudo and either slow cooked or pressure cooked!

Reply to
Omelet

This should be good;-))

Reply to
Billy

Har har, says I. I can hear you snickerin' all the way out here in the sticks, Mister Billy. You too, Fran.

The possibilities are numerous, aren't they. Ya'll should be gettin' some good mileage outta this one.......at poor old CharlieCarp's expense!

Methinks I got nuttin' here, absotootly nuttin.

I'm off to help younger son dig and set posts for a fence.

Harrumph......ya'll go right on ahead and have yer fun, sorry suckers ya be. I'll be back!!!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie