golden eunymus

Hi I have a row of golden eunymus (spelling?) anyways, several have long shoots growing out and I was wondering if these are suckers or should I keep them? thanks

Reply to
John

It's not grafted, therefore it's not a sucker. It's just new growth, trying to get to be the size the shrub wants to be. Most people hack them into such tiny balls and don't let them become what nature intended. I have a mature one that's 9' tall and 3' wide and is glorious.

Sunflower MS 7b

Reply to
Sunflower

I agree with sunflower...many people hurt the natural shape of Euonymus fotunei with hard pruning...selective hand pruning looks much better if it is necessary at all. Those long stems that shoot up can sometimes cling to a brick wall which can be a plus or a minus depending on your view.

Reply to
jazzy