Golden Sunburst Honey locust Tree

Hi guys,

I've just received a Golden Sunburst Honey locust Tree from a mail order business.

It's about 5 and 1/2 foot tall but has no sign of leaves or buds on it. Its just branches. Is this normal? And will it generate leaves througout this spring/summer?

I presume it will but I just wanted to make sure the tree isn't dead...

Thanks Laurence

Reply to
Biglarry

Was it shipped potted or bare root? Mail order nurserys generally ship trees bare root and before they leaf out... they intend for them to be planted immediately so the roots can start growing prior to them leafing out. Plant your locust tree right away and according to the accompanying directions... be sure about where you plant it as locust grows quite large and rather fast.

Brooklyn1

Namely, scratch the side to see if it's green? Yes, it is a tree and presumably has bark,but would the idea work? Straight question

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Yes. Similarly if the thin stems are still quite flexible they are probably alive.

David Hare-Scott