Giant Sagitaria/Pickrel Reed

Just bought some plants to redo W. border. Bought at Huntington Botanical Gardens plant sale. So you'd think I got proper advice?
Question is about two plants that have the graceful upward line that I needed, but seem to be aquatic (?)
Giant Sagitaria (sp) and Pickrel Reed.
Seller did tell me they would do OK along narrow W. border (backed by rose-colored block wall). These plants will be interspersed with Penstamon.
However now I'm worried since I found all info on the Web about these plants describes aquatic/pond usage.
This is So.Calif coastal. Mild climate. Plenty of sun much of the year; less when sun is low in the Southern sky.
Your advice appreciated.
Persephone
--
"Other than telling us how to live, think,
marry, pray, vote, invest, educate our children,
On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 17:29:24 -0800, Persephone wrote:

*****>However now I'm worried since I found all info on the

Pretty please??? Thanks..

I've only seen them used as bog plants, and I don't think that penstemon would tollerate that much water.
"Giant Sagittaria" and "Pickerel Weed" are aquatic plants.
They grow best in wet soil or even partially submerged in water.
A typical perennial border would be too dry for them.