Gardening books

Hi!
I'm new to this site, so sorry if this is a boring and/or faq.
I am looking for good, illustrative books on gardening. Being a absolute beginner I have no idea where to begin. Tried to searc Amazon.com but had a hard time finding anything of interest, probabl because I used the wrong search words.
I need some good books for my workplace, a concept company in Shanghai China, preferably with great pics in them.
Can anybody help me with this?
Thanks a lot,
Casper
-- Casper