garden photos

Assuming this link works, these are just some garden photos of last spring/summer. Nothing extravagant, but there is an unidentified weed at the end; I wonder if anyone can name it. It looked like a giant blade of grass, fairly sharp to the touch too, with the little blossom at the top. Anyway, hope you enjoy.
http://members16.clubphoto.com/bianca811352/2073913 /
~flick Long Island Zone 6-7 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

flicker wrote:

I've always called that sawgrass. I have no real reason to call it that, but the stuff that grew in my field that looked like that had rough edges on the leaves. Someone told me that sawgrass was common in this area (Eastern MA) and there were very few things that fit that name, so I settled on this one. It was a minor weed, easily controlled by pulling.

Thanks. I just thought it was an unusual plant as I've never seen it before and it grew all alone smack in the middle of the bed. Usually my weeds come in twos and threes. : )

On 2/27/04 1:09 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@mb-m15.aol.com,

And if you pulled it in time, maybe it will be - but I doubt it! Cheryl

the
grass,
Anyway,
It's a Sedge. Not sure which one, but it's a sedge. Pull it out.
also live in L.I. and see this around the steps of my fish pond but only in the last 3rd or the summer...I can only pull it out by hand since I don't want any chemicals in the pond water. I do have a flower garden about 30' x 25', and this "grass" appears only in the walkways which are pine needles and cedar mulch.. strange
Xmfard