FYI: Miracle-gro All Purpose NPK ratio change

Scotts is changing its Miracle-gro All Purpose formulation from 15-30-15 to 24-8-16 starting with the 5 lb and 15 lbs sizes (already in stores).
http://www.miraclegro.com/index.cfm/event/ProductGuide.waterSoluble
Any comments?
Salty Thumb wrote:

I would imagine that a good share of people who use this product were using it on annuals. No sense in promoting root growth in a plant that's only going to last a single season. They might as well save some money by reducing the P. (I'll bet they're raising the price, too.)
If you really want something that's got a 1-2-1 ratio, I'm sure there are other options out there. Perhaps even options that won't leave behind the salt residues that Miracle-Gro does.
--
Warren H.

Salty Thumb wrote:

The perfect 3-1-2 ratio for the lawns of America.

USDA Zone 8