Grape vines

I have a question asked by my Gr.1 child. Why Grapes grow in Vines and other fruits gros in trees?

Any one have the answer?

Reply to
veemha

Did your kid ask about tomatoes? nuts? Peas?

Reply to
Stubby

I think you have a made-up definition for fruits...as in..

"Fruits grow in tress"

third post down by Cathy is a nice and accurate explanation.

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email) Zone 6b/7, Westchester Co, NY,

Reply to
DigitalVinyl

Maybe someday grapes will grow in trees, too. I saw on TV (I can't distinguish between science programs, and advertisements) that Keebler is now growing raspberries in multi-fruit trees. TV wouldn't lie to me, would it? ;)

Reply to
Warren

Years ago CBS (!) presented a very funny travelog. They showed pictures of colorfully dressed native girls picking spaghetti off the trees in their country.

Reply to
Stubby

VE>From: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

VE>I have a question asked by my Gr.1 child. Why Grapes grow in Vines and other VE>fruits gros in trees?

VE>Any one have the answer?

How about: Mother Nature is very wise to make foods available by many means so all can enjoy them; just as many mothers have boys and girls to help her with the family needs (they will straighten this out later, when they mature 8-)

Enjoy your grandchildren; they grow up much too fast.

Ciao, Ack.

Reply to
THURSTON.ACKERMAN