French Marigolds In Vegetable Garden

Some say marigolds help to deter certain pests in the vegetable garden. Others say it's nothing more than an old wives tale! What do you say? I may plant some this spring with my vegetables as I don't see where it could hurt my crops any.
Add pictures here
✖
On Feb 2, 5:28 pm, White snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (EVP MAN) wrote:

Well they sure don't stop my deer but the do help with bees and therefore pollination.
MJ
Add pictures here
✖
EVP MAN wrote:

To the best of my knowledge marigolds don't contain any insecticide. Some have a strong smell and some don't. The strongly smelling ones may repell pests but I cannot vouch for it. I can vouch for the fact that snails love marigolds.
David
Add pictures here
✖