FREE: 5 yards clean soil

Hello everyone,
First time posting here. Not certain if this is the correct forum. I'm doing some landscaping work and have roughly 5 yards of clean dirt/soil if anybody needs it; loose pile. The only problem is I can't deliver it. You have to pick it up and/or have it hauled away.
thanks,
CPB
Ya wanna tell us where it is, or do we scan the globe to find a pile of nice clean dirt?
Laura in Virginia

Interesting oxymoron: 'clean dirt'.

Well it could be anything, as you should see what they pass off as topsoil to folks in Alabama. It oculd be anything from prairie soil to blue marle clay to sand to clay gravel to mushroom soil that some places import from the northern states. I have seen places use a front end loader to just mix up whatever they can collect together be it stuff vaccummed up from parking lots to recycled ground up ashpalt roadways mixed with cow manure, and sawdust.
On 6 Sep 2003 18:47:23 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Pen) wrote:

-- Visit my website: http://www.frugalmachinist.com Contents: foundry and general metal working and lots of related projects. Regards Roy aka Chipmaker // Foxeye Opinions are strictly those of my wife....I have had no input whatsoever. Remove capital A from chipmAkr for correct email address
On 5 Sep 2003 18:34:49 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net (CPB) wrote:

Do you live in any particualr part of the world?
"... I'm doing some landscaping work and have roughly 5 yards of clean dirt/soil if anybody needs it; loose pile. The only problem is I can't deliver it. You have to pick it up and/or have it hauled away.
thanks,
Do you live in any particualr part of the world? ......."
Where's the problem?
Having that much "top soil" precludes his living in city/town centre, The use of the term Soil probably indicates British or European background, So you are just looking froe an ex pat Brit living in the country....... Now doesn't that make it easier to find him?
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Not definitive. "Top soil" (or topsoil) is a common term in the US. It is often applied to anything that isn't sand or solid clay when flogged commercially. The use of "dirt/soil" indicates this may be *good* dirt with some organic component, not just landfill.
5 cubic yards isn't *that* much for a USAsian suburban yard/garden, and in fact, wouldn't be much of a problem or prize in the country, so I'm guessing suburban, but not Major Metropolitan Area.
As an earlier poster wrote, all we have to do is check world satellite photos for a new pile of dirt in a (probably) English-speaking suburban location.
Frogleg wrote:

Wait a minute Frogleg,
lets not assume he meant 5 "cubic" yards.. he only said he had "roughly 5 yards" of the stuff, for all we know he meant 5 "lineal" yards...!!
;-)

Like jammer said, where is it?

adsl-68-122-118-25.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net <- Where Chris posted from.
It LOOKS like Chris is posting from California... Probably the Pleasonton or vicinity.

Now all we need is his Latitude and Longitude and we can GPS ourselves over there Pronto!
Better make sure you have your monitor sticking out a window before you open that attatchment. Hauling all that dirt out of your house could be a real chore, never mind the clean-up.
--
Jayel