FREE: 5 yards clean soil

Hello everyone,

First time posting here. Not certain if this is the correct forum. I'm doing some landscaping work and have roughly 5 yards of clean dirt/soil if anybody needs it; loose pile. The only problem is I can't deliver it. You have to pick it up and/or have it hauled away.

thanks,

CPB

Reply to
CPB

Ya wanna tell us where it is, or do we scan the globe to find a pile of nice clean dirt?

Reply to
Laura Gilbert

Do you live in any particualr part of the world?

Reply to
jammer

"... I'm doing some landscaping work and have roughly 5 yards of clean dirt/soil if anybody needs it; loose pile. The only problem is I can't deliver it. You have to pick it up and/or have it hauled away.

thanks,

Do you live in any particualr part of the world? ......."

Where's the problem?

Having that much "top soil" precludes his living in city/town centre, The use of the term Soil probably indicates British or European background, So you are just looking froe an ex pat Brit living in the country....... Now doesn't that make it easier to find him?

Reply to
David Hill

adsl-68-122-118-25.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net

Reply to
Phrederik

Now all we need is his Latitude and Longitude and we can GPS ourselves over there Pronto!

Reply to
BLueCoBra

Interesting oxymoron: 'clean dirt'.

Reply to
Pen

Not definitive. "Top soil" (or topsoil) is a common term in the US. It is often applied to anything that isn't sand or solid clay when flogged commercially. The use of "dirt/soil" indicates this may be

*good* dirt with some organic component, not just landfill. 5 cubic yards isn't *that* much for a USAsian suburban yard/garden, and in fact, wouldn't be much of a problem or prize in the country, so I'm guessing suburban, but not Major Metropolitan Area.

As an earlier poster wrote, all we have to do is check world satellite photos for a new pile of dirt in a (probably) English-speaking suburban location.

Reply to
Frogleg

-- Visit my website:

foundry and general metal working and lots of related projects. Regards Roy aka Chipmaker // Foxeye Opinions are strictly those of my wife....I have had no input whatsoever. Remove capital A from chipmAkr for correct email address

Reply to
Roy

Wait a minute Frogleg,

lets not assume he meant 5 "cubic" yards.. he only said he had "roughly

5 yards" of the stuff, for all we know he meant 5 "lineal" yards...!!

;-)

Reply to
pwr

Like jammer said, where is it?

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

Better make sure you have your monitor sticking out a window before you open that attatchment. Hauling all that dirt out of your house could be a real chore, never mind the clean-up.

Reply to
J. Lane