fireplace ash

Is the ash from a wood-burning fireplace good for anything in the garden? or the compost heap?

If you have acid soil, and don't want it to be so acid, then yes, otherwise, no

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Exceptionally valuable. These are the minerals that the trees' needed for growth and needs to be replaced in the soil. The burning lost nothing of value to future plants. Use the ash as a valuable fertiliser. Keep it dry to make spreading easy, or sprinkle on the compost. Best Wishes Brian.

I burn tree wood out in my old BBQ and spread the ash around and till it into the desert dirt and it's not hurt anything.

Telescope Buyers FAQ

Yes a good source of.....potash.

Oh...I was burning the wrong thing then.
:)

avoid coal ash and wood that has been treated
rob
Ashes are excellent for repelling snails and slugs. Use your ashe to create a protective circle around your plants. The snails won;t cross it.
--
"These are the times that try men's souls." Tom Paine