Fire Blight Treatment

I have an apple tree with fire blight. I've removed the infected leaves and branches but have been unable to find any spray to prevent further infection. I've seen copper sulphate mentioned but the guy at the garden centre says it's been taken off the market. Also streptomycin sulphate though can't find that anywhere.

Does anyone know if there is any commercial product that can be used to treat fire blight on apple tress?

Thanks

Will

Reply to
<Will>

Aside from disease resistant varieties it look like Fire blight needs vigorous pruning with precautions .

Reply to
Bill who putters

Copper sulphate has been removed from the market and replaced with safer forms of copper that are still very effective. You might want to consider Phyton 27 or Kocide 2000. The Kocide is labeled for fire blight on apples.

Reply to
Pat Brennan

Look at these mixtures,

always read to use Bordeaux by Texas A&M, have not checked there lately.

Reply to
jtill

copper oxychloride?

rob

Reply to
George

Kocide 2000 - copper hydroxide Phyton 27 - copper sulphate pentahydrate

Reply to
Pat Brennan